Friday, September 25, 2009

CHICAGO!! (warning: Picture OVERLOAD!)

Just got back from the most FABULOUS trip to Chicago!! Thank you soooooo much to mom and dad for the wonderful time and your generosity!
Yes that is right- that is Cory's luggage (his was the biggest)... and that is mine (mine was the smallest)!! My one little carry on back pack! I was super proud of myself and he just couldn't believe it!
Stayed at the wonderful Hard Rock Hotel... AWESOME!
Inside joke... I probably used a bajillion revolving doors on the trip! I love them and think they are lots of fun. My sisterly duty is to annoy my little brother- every time he went through a revolving door I jumped in with him! No matter how big or small it was! It became our little game- I tried to get in the same one as him and he tried to get through without me jumping in with him... what can I say we are easily entertained! Good times! Love you bo.
Another inside joke... for those of you who know my father at all know he is a total Rock and Roll Junkie. This was the perfect hotel for him. There are posters and rock memorabilia all over! (He was so jealous we had John Lennon in our bathroom and he had Gene Simmons muah!) Anywho This is John Entwhistle who was right outside the elevator on our floor- and every time we walked out my dad yelled 'John Entwhistle'! In fact He just walked by and saw me typing this, pointed and yelled 'John Entwhistle'! Cute little man. Justin says I have his love for music running through my blood- glad he gave it to me!
Michigan Lake is HUGE and there is a river from it running right through the city
We ate at LOTS of yummy restaurants!
Such a beautiful city!! Look familiar? Perhaps like Gotham city?? Batman was filmed here! We saw lots of the places from the movie!
Michigan Avenue aka The Magnificent Mile- a girls heaven! So much amazingly wonderful shopping! Ah, I love it!

I love the Bluesy players out on the street. I gave him some money and asked if I could get my picture with him He said sure and started playing 'Isn't She Lovely' by Stevie Wonder, it made me smile :)
These alleyways remind me of a typical place for a mugging or beating and since Cory and Avery roomed together (had UFC matches about everyday) and were always teasing and messing with each other- I thought they would do a perfect job at acting out the scene for me!

I love my family soooo much! We had tons of fun in the wonderful city of Chicago!
The Giant silver Jelly Bean

We went to the Broadway play 'Jersey Boys'. Its the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. It was amazing! Besides the expected Jersey Language, it was superb! I didn't realize how much Frankie Valli had done- Sherrie Baby, Big Girls Don't Cry, Oh What a Night.... I could go on and on. It was fantastic!
Ditka's was an awesome place for us to eat seeing how my brothers, dad, and husband are constantly reciting the Saturday Night live skit about 'Da Bears', 'Da Bulls' and 'Mike Ditka vs....'
The business men ie: the entire purpose for our trip- For dad and Cor to come meet up with Albie and Pheonix closures. Albie was the best tour guide ever and was so sweet and patient with all my picture taking!

Yes that's right- any girl knows the wonderful excitement when you are given a gift that comes in the little teal bag that is Tiffany and Co! My amazingly cute and thoughtful husband secretly bought me a gorgeous necklace I had been wanting and then surprised me with it on my pillow of our hotel room when I returned from shopping, I LOVE IT!! Haven't taken it off since. Thank you so much babe!!
The beautiful city of Chicago from atop the John Hancock building ... 96 floors! Mom and I got light headed and dizzy being up so high! Sure was a gorgeous view though!

Did I already say how amazing the shopping was????
Our Patient little shopping buddies!
Avery had no need for patience inside the huge Nike Town store. He is an MJ fan what can I say. I didn't think anyone liked shoes more than me, my little brother does... if they are Jordans!

Ha Ha Ha - I can't even think of words to describe these funny boys with funny faces! Love em! We have so much fun! I love my fam!

Yes that is 1 muscle at a fancy pants restaurant. O bear was in heaven!
And then there was the shrimp on steroids! Yowza!

Captain Morgan says.... These boys are handsome!!
I really loved the gorgeous city!
The 'L' Train
aka Subway

Historic Wrigley's Field!...
Home of the Chicago Cubs!...
The foul ball Cory got...
Good old fashioned American Baseball!...
beautiful ball diamond...

TONS of people!... (the stands are only a little bigger than our SL bees!)


And of course...
A Chicago hot dog! I don't know if you are allowed to leave if you haven't eaten one! They were actually amazing!!
Can you see all the bleachers people have randomly put on top of buildings? These people LOVE their baseball!
And of course I gotta be sportin my cubs stuff!

God Bless America!!
All the men in red were Veterans who were awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. (An award very few people get and even fewer get it and live to tell about it) These are the people who knowingly risk their own lives to save another, even when the odds are against them. It was amazing to have so many of them all in one place. Makes my patriotic little soul tear up. I'm so thankful for our country and all the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for it!
Would you like some omelet with your ketchup?? Yet daddy won't touch a tomato with a ten foot pole!

What can I say- Justin had a sweet tooth!
Greatest place earth- the name isn't bad either!!
Blackies for some famous Chicago hamburgers- which everyone loved but me, I just can't eat 1/2 lb of meat in one sitting, I just can't!


As you can tell by the millions of pictures- we had an absolute blast on our Chicago vaca!! Thank you soooooo much mom and dad!! The only think that could improve next time is if we get to see Oprah! But apparently that is not as high up on everyone else's priority list as it is on mine :)
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! I loved seeing all the pictures of you and your family! That looks like so much fun!

katie thompson said...

i am so very jealous. i want us to go back. when can we?
it looks like you had a blast.

Todd and Jordyn Johnson said...

How much fun! Seriously! It looks like you guys had a great time! I heart the little blue box too :)