This way back Wednesday is not too far back... but I figured it was appropriate! This picture was taken 3 years ago at the Hansen family Christmas party, after this my Grandma's health rapidly went downhill. I know I have talked a lot about this sweet little lady so I won't go too in depth but yesterday would have been her birthday and so of course she has been on my mind a lot!I was recalling a story with my mom yesterday as we talked about cute grammy that totally encompassed what she was about... it made me smile!!
When I was brand new in beauty school my dear old Grandma came to get her haircut (she always was a brave soul:)) I started cutting and talking and cutting some more until I realized I had cut way more hair that she had requested. I felt horrible! It was pretty dang short! I told her I think I got it a bit too short up top and I was feeling pretty bad! She made me feel so good about my big fat mistake! She told me it was perfect that her hair grew like a weed and she'd be back again in 2 weeks needing another cut! She went on and on about how great the cut felt and how it was a wonderful length! She was so stinkin cute and told me once that the best thing about getting old was that a bad hair cut doesn't ruin your life! Thankfully for the both of us I got a little better at doing hair :)
Her hair was always a pest in her eyes and in her last few months here she convinced my cousin -after trying desperately to talk her out of it- to buzz her hair all over with the longest attachment of the clippers! Ha ha what a funny lady she was.
I miss her more than I can say and I wish I could go back in time- I'd spend more time with her and make sure she knew just how much I loved her before she left!! Can't wait to see her again someday...



No comments:
Post a Comment