Monday, September 21, 2009

Bye Bye Birdies!

Ok- for sure there are no pictures with this post because that would be rather... well morbid. The other day I was making dinner and Justin ran downstairs to grab me something. He came up a few minutes later with a very perplexed look on his face and said 'um..... there is something weird going on down there...' I'm like whats wrong? I get scared very easily and my heart was already pounding thinking what it could have been ie: someone broke in, the basement is flooded, the windows are all knocked out- lots of times my imagination gets the best of me.

Anywho he is like 'well... there is bird poop all over everything and there are two dead birds laying on the floor. ' What the?!?! At first I was majorly scared cause we could not for the love figure out how they had gotten in and I was super freaked out. But eventually with some detective work Justin came to a conclusion... He thinks they flew in through a little tiny hole in the heating vent on our roof then couldn't figure out how to get back out. He said its a fluke, it probably wouldn't happen again and they probably followed each other in. They ripped apart insulation trying to find a way out- it makes me sad to think of two birds trapped and scared but also freaks me out to think of them flying down there in our house!! These were not tiny birdies either they were big black birds.

Thank heavens:

Our basement is not finished
We ALWAYS keep the door into the basement closed (think if they would have come upstairs- we are never home so who knows what would have happened!)
I was not the one to find them! I probably would have passed out!
Justin is not afraid of dead birds (he picked them up and carried them outside) or their poop (I'm afraid he'll be the one cleaning up)

Weird huh.... Ok I am eating and this is making me sick so I have to stop talking about it. Peace.

No comments: