Saturday, February 13, 2010

The 'Ether' Grandpa's Birthday Party

Another Grandpa, another Birthday, another reason to get together for yummy treats! My fav. memory of my Daddy's Daddy would of course have to be all the fun date nights he used to take me and my best cuz Heidi on when we were little! He would pick us up, we were all decked out in a lovely dress- it felt like the prom, and give us beautiful corsages to wear! He took us out on the town, shopping for toys, and many times our dates ending in wonderful sleepovers with yummy breakfasts by Grandma! Heidi and I had so much fun on our dates!

Grandpa fought in the Korean war and has some amazing stories to tell of his experiences there, he is a true hero! He loves to tell stories, many of them 'big fish' stories, and is always calling to check up on everyone. We love you Gramps!
We also celebrated a few other birthdays that were very close to Gramps! Dads on the 29th, Kannon's on the 22nd, Grandpa's on the 1st, and Butchie's on the 2nd

And this is where Ellie ended up at the end of the night. She must be related to me, I love laying on counter tops!

1 comment:

Matt and Heidi said...

I am sad we were not able to be there to celebrate all the birthday's! It looked fun! Thanks for posting pictures of it! Also those dates were my favorite memories with grandpa jimmy! I am so glad I have such a great cuz to share those with! Love ya!