Saturday, September 15, 2012

Carlie.

I am going to start blogging from my phone so if anything is messy or silly you'll know why :).

This is my cute friend Carlie. She was one of my Young Women and is truly an amazing person.

The other day I drove out to West Jordan to sit on her porch for an hour and just talk. It was so fabulous. We laughed and we cried and it felt great.

Carlie has cancer. She has a grapefruit sized tumor on her lung. She is only 19 years old. She is so positive and upbeat. She has lots of faith in that little body of hers.

I won't share too much personal info because I love and respect her so much but I will share what I learned and felt: Life is short. Focus on the things that matter. One day it won't matter what car I drove or what outfit I bought or if I'm having a bad hair day. Soon Carlie won't have any hair, but she will still have her family, her testimony, her beautiful smile and attitude. It won't matter what she looks like but it will matter how she treated those around her. She is so kind and sweet and makes me want to be a better person!!

I feel bad life is hard and has to teach us painful lessons. But, I do know we only see a small glimpse of the whole picture. The whole picture is going to rock!!

Til then, remember what matters most and hug them often!

Love you Carlie!! I'll keep praying for you!! Thank you for inspiring me.

No comments: